Monday, May 26, 2014

Qingtiangang (擎天崗) - Yangmingshan [Taiwan Day 267: Greener Pastures - May 25, 2014]



Qingtiangang (擎天崗) is a lava terrace formed by the eruption of Mt. Zhugao. The lava that oozed out from the volcano is now the green grass fields of Qingtiangang. It is also called 'Valley of the Sun' and is located in Yangmingshan National Park which is the only National Park located in Northern Taiwan. 

I visited Yangmingshan in Taiwan Day 182 (Taipei Sakura) during the Cherry Blossom Festival but Yangmingshan is not all about cherry blossoms. There are hiking trails and other scenic spots to see and one of them is Qingtiangang.










Bus 260 from Taipei Main Station took me to Yangmingshan and then I transferred to Bus 108 which runs on a circular route in Yangmingshan National Park. I made two rides in Bus 108. The first Bus 108 took me to Erziping Visitor Center where a kind lady gave me two maps of Yangmingshan, one in Chinese and the other in English. She told that when I board Bus 108 again I should say to the driver 'Qingtiangang' [Filipino: tsing-tyan-gang]. I followed what she told me and I reached the place around 12:30pm.


















































It was like I was in Windows XP when I saw mountainous terrains covered by grass. I took a lot of photos and I also have some pictures with wild cattle in there. The cattle did what they just need to do. They just eat and eat grass and then excrete dung and placed them randomly in the grassland to give that 'farm smell' in the area.

















I got tired of walking and taking photos. I sat on a rock facing the Qingtiangang grassland and ate an apple. I realized that within less than 100 days I will be celebrating my one year of stay in Taiwan (Taiwan Day 365). I also have visited a lot of places in my 267 days of stay and the numbers will keep growing. Just a few weeks ago I was able to gave my mother 20,000 pesos and she was very happy. It was the first time that I was able to give her that big amount of money. 


I went home tired but feeling great with my latest travel adventure. It's really fun to go to places with greener pastures literally and figuratively!



2017 Sakura Series - Taiwan
2017 Sakura Series - Japan
2016 Sakura Series - Taiwan
Taipei Attractions
New Taipei Attractions
Post a Comment
Copyright © 2014 Travel in Asia | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top