Miniatures Museum of Taiwan (袖珍博物館) | luomujie blogspot

Miniatures Museum of Taiwan (袖珍博物館)


Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Lilliput or Gulliver's Travels. These were the titles I was thinking about for this Taiwan Day adventure. Last Sunday I visited a unique museum in Taiwan and it's called the Miniatures Museum of Taiwan (MMOT). I was really impressed with this one of a kind museum in East Asia which features very small interesting things.



I paid NTD 180 for the ticket and I was greeted by the Rose Mansion upon entering the door. It was an eye candy and I have a chance to ask a Taiwanese to take me a picture with this pink doll house. Each display in MMOT have an English text as well a Chinese text explaining what was the display all about.  I didn't read them becuase I was more interested in taking pictures.












I took some videos and one of them is given the name 'A Street Scene'. It features a European street bustling with shops and realistic lamp posts. While in one corner of MMOT, cherry blossoms and stores dominate in 'Japan Nostalgia'.



My favorite among the displays is 'Yung Yung's Playroom'. I don't know who Yung Yung is! Maybe Yung Yung is the Taiwanese counterpart of Jan Jan or Jun Jun which is a common name for young Filipino boys. Haha! I was amazed with the intricate details of the small toys in the display. I was wearing my red SFC shirt and the color blended with 'Yung Yung's Playroom'. I took a selfie and I felt that I was inside the playroom.





















Gulliver's Travels


Good things come in small packages! The toy train of Yung Yung, the turkey in the Christmas room and the smallest working TV I have ever seen in my whole life in the 'Gentleman's Heaven'. Roaming around for three hours in Miniatures Museum of Taiwan, my mind went to Japan, Egypt and Venice and I even have a photo in front of Buckingham Palace.  It's a small world after all.

**************************
How to get here:  Board the Taipei MRT and alight at Songjiang Nanjing Station.  Walk for five minutes to reach the museum.

Address: No. 96, Section 1, Jianguo North Road, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 104
Google Map

THINGS TO DO IN TAIPEI


Sakura Series - Taiwan

Sakura Series - Taiwan


Sakura Series - Japan


Maple Series


Yehliu to Jiufen? Yehliu to Shifen? Cheaper than yellow taxis

The "Taipei kong mahal" (My beloved Taipei)


Other attractions in Taipei


New Taipei


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 luomujie blogspot | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top