Taipei Story House (台北故事館) [Taiwan Day 451: Bride Wars - Nov. 25, 2014] | luomujie blogspot

Taipei Story House (台北故事館) [Taiwan Day 451: Bride Wars - Nov. 25, 2014]



When I think of a wedding, I always thought of a bride walking down the aisle with her groom waiting near the altar. I learned from my visit in the Taipei Story House that a bride doesn't just wear a white long gown and a woman's wedding dress doesn't just tell about her pure love. It also tells about her identity.










The exhibit was perfect for the Tudor style building in Taiwan. It was built in 1913 by a merchant and is now a famous attraction in Taipei. Taipei Story House features a 'story' for a certain period of time. The current exhibition is 'The Story of Bridal Gowns' and it will run until Jan. 25, 2015. My visit was short and sweet. Just perfect for a filler episode.








The story presented to me was the most beautiful I've ever seen in Taiwan. I went inside the Taipei Story House and the stories of the wedding gown train were unravelled. Prince Diana's wedding gown train was the longest as compared to the wedding gown trains of Kate Middleton and Queen Victoria. It was 25 feet long!












gifts for the newlyweds









The nearby Taipei Fine Arts Museum (TFAM) can be seen from the balcony.


at the balcony
I went upstairs and I saw the real battle. Wedding gowns from different countries were displayed. Thailand's Chakkraphat has a sleeveless top, Vietnam's Ao Dai has a yellow cap and Turkey's Bindalli was colored purple. I looked into India's wedding dress and the one presented was the Lehenga. The wedding dress was described as typical in South India.



The most interesting to me was the white immaculate dress of Japanese women. It's called the shiromuku. In my opinion, it won the “Bride Wars”. Take your pick. Who do you think should win the “Bride Wars”? Let the battle begin!

THINGS TO DO IN TAIPEI



Sakura Series - Taiwan

Sakura Series - Taiwan


Sakura Series - Japan


Maple Series


Yehliu to Jiufen? Yehliu to Shifen? Cheaper than yellow taxis

The "Taipei kong mahal" (My beloved Taipei)


Other attractions in Taipei


New Taipei


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 luomujie blogspot | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top